Let's talk hospital bag!
Well, you asked and now it is here! My list of must haves for the hospital. It doesn't matter if this is your first pregnancy or your fifth, deciding what to pack and what to leave at home is always confusing. With my first child I chucked a whole lot of Items in a bag and hoped for the best. I had no idea what I would need let alone what a baby would need, so off I went to the hospital and what would have been a 2 day stay very quickly turned into a 6 day stay! I felt completely unprepared so I have put together a couple of lists to help you all prepare for this exciting time.
Packing for Mama - If you are expecting a C section I would add an extra 2 on all of these for a longer hospital stay.
* Maternity Notes
* Throw away underwear - at this point in your life Granny panties are a must! head to kmart and grab about 6 pairs. You can thank me later.
* 3 Comfy outfits - casual tops pants, nighties or PJs
* 2x feeding Bras
* A robe - you are really gonna want this to chuck on when visitors come
* Outfit for leaving the hospital
* Skin care - I have a travel pack of my usually skincare to pack in my makeup bag to help me feel refreshed.
* Hair care - Grab some travel size bottle or some empty containers and fill with your usual shampoo and conditioner.
* Hair brush, hair ties and clips
* Lip balm
* Laptop, chargers and ear phones (if you are wanting to have some entertainment on late night feeds)
* Maternity sanitary pads 2packs
* Breast pads
* Treats to keep you going
Packing for Baby
* singlets x3
* full rompers x3
* Babies first outfit - I have this packed in a little canvas bag with the swaddle I want her in and a nappy so when we are in the delivery suite Hubby or your birthing partner can easily find it.
* Outfit baby will leave the hospital with
* Swaddles x3
* Bonnets and booties
* Nappies - A new born will go through as many as 8 per day
* Pacifier - If you are going to use one
This is such a special time and feeling like you are ready will help you feel relaxed going into your labour.
Here are some stores that I have gotten my "must haves" from
* Modern house dress - https://www.instagram.com/the_comfortmama
* Toiletries Clutch - https://www.instagram.com/thesewnseed
* Skin care - https://www.instagram.com/dermalogicaaus
* Hospital Bag https://www.instagram.com/sageandluna
* Hospital Leaving outfit - https://www.instagram.com/blossomandglow.com.au
* Swaddles - https://www.instagram.com/thursdayschildstore
* Baby rompers - https://www.instagram.com/anoukandecho
* Baby clothes - https://www.instagram.com/organiczoo/
* Pacifier and Clip - https://www.instagram.com/lunastreasures/
* Sleep Sack - https://www.instagram.com/susukoshi